“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blog 2

1. What did you get from thinking about annotations?

I learned that annotations are a very helpful and useful. They help pinpoint out all of the important clues in the text to for me to later elaborate on in my essay. Annotations help stay focused on the main point of the text so we don’t start writing about things that are totally irrelevant.
We annotate everything - main point of the text, clues that we will elaborate on in our essay, ideas for quotes, facts. Annotations help us get an idea of how we are going to write our essay.


2. What did you get from writing annotations for "Is Google Making us Stupid?" with your partner?

It helped me understand what the text was about. Given clues gave me ideas on how to elaborate on the main point of the text and how to relate to it.


3. What did you learn about the reading by annotating it?

It helped me to understand better what the author was writing about.


4. How may annotating make you a better writer?

It will help me first read critically, than keep my work more organized and elaborate all important clues.


5. What did I learn from the exchange with my partner?

Comparing my work with Lisa's I realized that annotating really does help pinpointg out the most important clues in the text, because we both basically have highlighted the same lines. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment